Monday, June 15, 2015

Mid-month Christmas Card Inspiration

Here it is June 15th already...this month is going fast; and I am trying to keep busy here at the house - with mowing, laundry and going into the hospital to visit with my sister who has been a patient in Special Care Unit since the 6th of June....very stressful time for us all.

Here is my Build a Snowman card to share with you.

 

I apologize that I did not mat with a darker mat behind the main mat, so it comes up as all white.  

I had viewed a video from StampTV about creating a background with rubbing your inkpads across the card before stamping and decided to try on this card.  I don't have regular inkpads (i.e. Stampin! Up, etc) so I used my mini-distressed pads with the colors that come with the set I ordered.  I've seen where you can use ink daubers and probably should've done with the blue - might've been a bit lighter  in the final color.

The image is from Close to My Heart acrylic stamp set (retired) that I've had for a number of years.  Like the stamp, but I will be purchasing my stamps with rubber base back (no wood stamps) as the acrylic stamp was sticky to the touch, and stuck to the cardstock, even with magnets holding the card down on my MISTI platform.

For coloring the images I used my Prismacolour Ink Markers ... at least I could shade the boots easily.  The heart, carrot nose and blades on ice skates was colored in with my Wink of Stella glitter pens.

I will later, when closer to Christmas, stamp a sentiment inside the card.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me today, and may your week be full of crafting what you like.

No comments: