Monday, April 20, 2015

Challenge #52 - Spring Theme



Spring has sprung and brings the golfers out to play.  Son-in-law has birthday this month, and he occasionally goes to play golf so created a 'bendy-card' for him.  Here is the file that was used to create this card;



I used the golf cart, golf bag and where you swing the ball to from this file; and here is my card...



I purchased the Silhouette Studio cut file for the bendy card envelope set sloped design by Samantha Walker. And it wasn't too bad to cut out and design.  All cardstock from my personal stash.  The golf bag is actually print and cut using my Silhouette Studio DE and the rest cut out with my Cameo.  I did create a button/flair with my son-in-law's age and placed in the corner.

The sentiment 'happy birthday' was stamped using my newest tool. MISTI - a stamp alignment tool by My Sweet Petunia - a life saver for me.


DSC_0484 

and if the ink comes out blotchy or light, without moving the card or stamp you can re-stamp until you are satisfied.  I love this little tool and will be using it more.  I am planning to convert my wood-mounted stamps down to the cushioned stamp and placing on EZ Mount foam and than presto, I have acrylic type stamp to use.  Hopefully less storage as well.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today, and head on over to Creative Cutting Challenges and play along with us in the Spring Theme Challenge.  Happy crafting to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Love the bendy card and the golf cuts work perfectly with it. I bet your SIL will love it!!

Marina said...

What a fabulous shape - you've created a wonderful scene , I'm sure he'll be impressed!