Friday, October 03, 2014

Challenge #101 Embossing (any type)

October already - a month I love because of the beautiful colors and hopefully  (in Alabama), much cooler weather.  I chose this file Snow Birds Birdhouse to create this card:

 

I embossed the mat with a snowflake embossing folder and the layered sentiment circle with polka dot embossing folder.  The design paper and cardstock leftovers from my personal stash of paper.  I used Bic Mark-It markers for coloring the trees; and copic markers for the birdhouse and blending marker to create a weathered look.  Birds wings was colored in using a new Wink of Stella glitter pen/brush - Brown that I just recently received in a card kit.  Took the plunge and placed Martha Stewart glitter on the trees to create snow (should've used my Stickles here instead).  I printed the image out on white cardstock, and than used a die-cut to cut and than ran thru the machine to emboss the edges.  After I all put together, decided to add stitching to the red layer, and two gem stones on the green layer, and still looked bare so I created a bow and placed under the tree limb.  The snowflake was stamped in and a clear gemstone placed in the center.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me, and when you have a moment head over to Pattie's Creations Design Challenges and check out the challenge rules and play along with us.  Happy Crafting to all.

I would like to enter card into these challenges:

3 comments:

cohenna said...

Beautiful card :) I love birds and color

Pattie G said...

Carolyn,

This is so pretty! I love the embossing and the way you colored my image.

Hugs,
Pattie ♥

Sandra DeFalco said...

Carolyn - Very pretty! Love the embossing you've done.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!