Monday, July 22, 2013

Things with wings - Fairies, butterflies, birds

Good morning all.  It is time for another challenge at Platypus Creek Digitals and out theme for this 2 week challenge is "Things with Wings - Fairies, butterflies, birds".  I chose butterflies as they are one of my favorites next to birds.

 

Using the image, Ulysses Butterfly from Platypus Creek Digitals I created a Waterfall card for this presentation.  My cardstock from my personal stash, and the design paper is from a pack called Colorbox Designer Paper - Hootenany (comes in a pad of 50 sheets of 2 designs each).  

I used black card stock as a mat on top of beige colored card base and design paper.  The 2x2 squares are from the same pad of design papers.  The butterflies, originally a png image, I brought into my SCAL3 software and traced it so I would have a svg file.  Than I created a shadow for each butterfly and placed the butterfly on the waterfall, using foam tape on the first.  I placed butterflies on the side of the card for decorative purposes.  Two brads used for the strip of card stock across the front of the card that the waterfall slides through.  An a eyelet placed in the center, at bottom with a black and white checkered ribbon inserted to use to pull the waterfall down.

Come on over to Platypus Creek Digitals and join in with us in this challenge. I have a sad announcement to make here regarding Platypus Creek Digitals challenges.  Due to Tracey's busy, busy schedule, she is closing out the challenges with this Things with Wings Challenge.  I am sad to see her leave, but completely understand why she is closing out the challenges.  Life can be so busy and things you love to work on put on the back burner, so to speak. 

Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all.

1 comment:

Danni said...

Love all the butterflies!