Monday, January 14, 2013

First BAP for 2013

 

The first BAP from http://www.creativekuts.com for 2013 is a Valentine theme Pillow Shape Box.  This is the first time I made a Pillow Shaped Box and turned out very well.  

First of all, I cut two pillow shape boxes out using light weight poster board on Silhouette Cameo and cut like a dream.  I done this so the box will retain it's shape in mailing to Korea for Valentine gifts to my granddaughters.  Next I cut the same box shape using designer paper ... here I used a Valentine themed paper. 

Cut the frog and sentiment from card stock, and ran it through my sticker maker machine...good way of getting the pieces to remain permanently.  I purchased a package of Valentine brads at Wal-mart in their .97 cent bin recently and placed the brad in right hand corner.

I used permanent adhesive tape and Tacky Glue to adhere the paper to the poster board since I am having problems of whatever I am working with staying glued (and I end up reworking the whole project again..ugh).  I trimmed a square from the protective covering for the Cricut mat and placed behind the opening so the candy will not fall out ... LOL

Since the original piece is poster board and I don't believe the adhesive will be strong enough to stay, I used two bronze color brads where it comes together to create the box.  Once finished I folded the sides and a ribbon will be added when I get ready to mail these..

This item will be available at http://www.creativekuts.com soon; or if you have a Facebook account, type in Creative Kuts in the search line, and become a member of the group.  Each Monday Cheryl comes out with a new BAP for the week.  You have until Tuesday to sign up, make your request to bap at creativekuts dot com and than have a week to create the project.  Post by 5 p.m. PST on Sunday's which will allow you to request the next BAP on Mondays.  The BAP changes each week...can be a card, a scrapbook page or some type of 3D project ... i.e.:  boxes, etc.

Thank you for stopping by and hope all yours days are great.

2 comments:

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

Carolyn, your pillow boxes are awesome. I really enjoyed your instructions on cutting them out in the stiffer material so they will hold their shape. Thanks so much for joining us at Cuttin and Stampin. I hope to see more of your creations.

Tammy Smith

Unknown said...

Super Cute!!!
Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin challenge!
<3 Pam, C&S DT