Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22 Challenge...Pilgrim Couple



 



Pilgrim Couple and Turkey

1 of pilgrims
1 of turkey
1 of pilgrims with scrapbook paper with Thanksgiving theme

Paper used:  Walmart stash of card stock

Image one:

Pilgrim couple placed on foam tape on a technique I learn on Stamping School that creates a faux background.  Cut out the leaves I created ...Granny Ma's Creations.  


Image two:

Cut out the Turkey silhouette from www.creativepoint.com, using foam tape to raise it up on the card base.  A pumpkin was created by Granny Ma's Creations©2012 and added to the right of the turkey.  One left I cut out and placed in right upper corner.

Image three:

Created a background using scrapbook paper I found on a search of free paper...creating a card base.  With the pilgrim silhouette from www.creativepointe.com I created a frame to fit the front of the card and than cut out a white silhouette of the pilgrim and layered on the framed piece.  Apron and hat/cap cut out in black.  Layered some of the leaves on frame plus brads in each corner.

I rounded the corners with my round edge corner punch and a couple cards I roughed up the edges with my new toy, by Imaginisce that you can destress the edges or emboss a name or sentiment in the card stock.

Thank you for some wonderful pieces to work with, Cindy.

1 comment:

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

You really outdid yourself on these projects Carolyn!! Great ideas for cards and the place card is just too cute!!