Monday, April 04, 2011

My next two cards

 

These are the next cards I am working on…one for a birthday card which I hope to have finish this week (birthday is today!) and a very belated anniversary card for my granddaughter and hubby.  I don’t push myself in my the creation of my cards and consequently they are late.  After this will be a guy birthday card, and than Mother Day’s cards. On and on, birthday cards or Father Day's cards, etc.  I am hoping to begin work on my Christmas cards which I will make  in the standard 4.25 x 5.50 size…the card I mailed to my sister in Illinois back in December, 2010 was returned to me, today, for .20 cents more postage…4 months later.  Wonder where it had been sitting …in Fort Riley, Kansas post office for so long.  Smile with tongue out  A 4x4 envelope requires .65 postage!  Post office extremely hard up for money. Open-mouthed smile

Also I create my own envelopes from card stock for the cards I make…and here are pics as well.  Now, I had to tweak these so the upper flap will fit properly over the bottom flap like they should for mailing purposes.  Handing to the recipitant can be tucked under … not glued to the bottom flap.

Beginning of cards:

IMG_0001

IMG_0002

IMG_0003

On image 1 and 2 I used the Shaving Cream technique (StampTV video) using re-inkers (don’t remember the color combination) and image 3 used the Shaving Cream technique plus I embossed the cardstock using the CuddleBug and polka-dot embossing folder.  The image is a digital downloaded to my files.

Here are the envelopes:

IMG_0001

The photo does not do justice to the color of the envelopes … it is a lavender color with scalloped edge.

IMG_0002

These are white and will be used for regular mailing of birthday cards, etc.  Once Christmas comes around, I will probably decorate the envelopes some way.  I will also try cutting these out using a sketch pad that I found at Family Dollar…  If it wasn’t for the fact that a stamp catalog company sells this same item I would list it on Etsy.com…but do not need the legal problems. 

I created/cut these envelopes using my Cricut Expression even though I do not agree with Provo Craft’s business practices/ethics I can not go out and purchase a new cutter.  I will use the Expression until it quits on me!

Thank you for looking at my creations.

3 comments:

xashee's corner said...

that shaving cream technique is quite fun & offers amazing results! your cards look AWESOME! GREAT job! thanks for being such inspiration! have a SUPER Sunday! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there-super happy you stopped by my blog today. I'm now following you too!
I love these cards and the scallop on the envie is such a great touch!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K andrew

Katie said...

Love the evolopes...fyi the postage has gone up even more :( but I still love getting mail...no bills of course but I love swap'n so I will just have to deal with the high postage...to get some you have to send some right...hee hee